THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Editions

GCM

Good Evening Mr. Gee;

You mentioned having the 6th edition of the first volume of the series. I have most of the books but I am not sure how to tell which edition I have --

Are there more than one edition of each book?

How do I tell which edition I have of "Opening Moves" or any of the other volumes?

Thank you

--

George

Denver

October 7, 2015 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Apologies. Each book's first edition is the one I present first. Subsequent revisions advance the version. There have five total revisions to OM, which means that the most up to date version is the sixth edition. Hope that clears things up :-)

--

October 8, 2015 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GCM

Good Afternoon Mr. Gee;

All I have are paper copies -- Do I need to get the electronic copies to keep up with the new editions? Is there any way to identify which editions I have of the 5 books -- I did not notice any edition note or date except the date on the last page --

Opening Moves - 05 July 2014

Breakthrough - 05 July 2014

Stalemate - 03 July 2015

Impasse -- 05 July 2014

Sacrifice - 28 April 2015

I would guess these are print dates --

Thank you ;

George

--

George

Denver

October 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

HI there, the print editions are all one issue, so no updates are available or have been made. The updates to ebooks are puirely grammatical or spelling. There is nothing substantive or change in plot-wise. When I first started on this journey, I got a number of things wrong in my approach. Opening Moves needed to be addressed, which is why it has had a number of updates since. The book version you buy now would be the same as the one you bought previously. I felt to reissue and call it a different version would be risking people buying it twice, simply for some cosmetic updates. I update the eversions as those who have already purchased can then upgrade their copies, and new purchasers can buy without experiencing some of the spelling errors I have missed in editing. Hope that addresses your concerns.

--

October 17, 2015 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top