THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > Ideas Page > names for the T-29 and T-30

cawest

So is did some readign on the T29 and T30 tanks. They did not have names but i would like to put a name in the hat for the T30. It has a 155mm gun not hoitzer but a gun there is a differance. So for the name I was thinking Rossevelt might be a good name. Like have a big stick Teddy Roosevelt.

That do you all think?

June 9, 2015 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

There has been a poll on FB for the name of the M-46, which ended up as Pershing-II. There were other contenders, some of which will become tanks within RG. I suspect Roosevelt may not be one, as the tradition is for Generals.

--

June 10, 2015 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cawest

cool i was thiking of Teddy Roosevlet not Franklin. Teddy was only a full bird (colonel) as part of the Rough Riders. its you. have you checked out Cheighton Abrams they guy they named the M1 after? he was colonel in 45.

June 10, 2015 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

lol someone suggested Roosevelt as a tank name in the poll, and everyone made the same assumption, and not that it was MOH winner Roosevelt. hence it won't happen I'm afraid. My personal choices will be Hancock and Chamberlain. Abrams was a good tanker, but, for the same reason that I rejected Sheridan, I reject Abrams, so as to avoid any confusion. I have to field some serious left-field questions at times, so do all i can to avoid them now!

--

June 11, 2015 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top