THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > Ideas Page > United States Civil Air Patrol

Excroat3

A brief history:

In the late 1930s, more than 150,000 volunteers with a love for aviation argued for an organization to put their planes and flying skills to use in defense of their country. As a result, the Civil Air Patrol was born one week prior to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Thousands of volunteer members answered America's call to national service and sacrifice by accepting and performing critical wartime missions. Assigned to the War Department under the jurisdiction of the Army Air Corps, the contributions of Civil Air Patrol, including logging more than 500,000 flying hours, sinking two enemy submarines, and saving hundreds of crash victims during World War II, are well documented. (Taken from Civil Air Patrol National Website)

Basically, a Civilian Airforce, that used private aircraft to ferry supplies and men across the continental US, and conucted ASW patrols, mainly on the east coast.  Some planes were armed with bombs, and they were able to sink 2 submarines, damage 17, and spot over 500 (some likely more than once).  Do they have a part in your book?  I am affiliated with them, and it would be cool if they got some sort of mention in your new book.  What do you think of the idea?  If you need, I can provide you with more info on the topic.

May 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Hi. i confess that I hadnt included the organisation in any way, but you have given me an idea. I will play my cards close to my chest for now, but if I need to back up my idea then i know where to come for information. If I do, I will give you a name in the credits for having the idea. Thanks.

--

May 16, 2015 at 2:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Excroat3

Alright, thank you for considering it!

May 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Excroat3

I've just finished reading Endgame and (Minor spoilers?) I feel that the need for this organization will be greater than ever!  Any news on its possible inculsion? 

November 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

I suspect that the circumstances created by endgame might give them the opportunity to shine :-)

--

November 10, 2016 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top